iPhone(s) won't sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firefighter161, Jun 13, 2009.

1. firefighter161 macrumors newbie

I can't get either of my iPhone 3G's to sync with iTunes, just suddenly stopped working tonight.

I have removed iTunes and re-installed

rebooted MacBook Pro & iPhone(s) more times than I can count

I am using a MacBook Pro 10.5.7 build 9J61

iPhone 3G #1 = 2.2.1 (5H11)

iPhone 3G #2 = 3.0 (7A341)

Both iPhones will show carging when plugged into wall outlet.

I have tried both cables on both phones computer will still not recognize either phone.

When it first happened i connected my iPhone and the "pictures sync" popped up but not the iTunes synch I unpluged iPhone from computer waited a second and reconnected now it doesn't recognize phone at all, neither pictures sync or iTunes, phone does not show as charging when connected to computer, its like thier not even there.

Apple support only suggests, rebooting phone, rebooting computer, re-installing iTunes. I have done it and tried it in different orders nothing seems to work.

I did try both ports on my MacBook Pro, My USB scanner works fine, unfortunately I don't have another computer... This is VERY frustrating...

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Sounds like a bug in the OS you may have to backup and reinstall. Have you tried a flash drive or another USB device to see if its normal?

3. firefighter161 thread starter macrumors newbie

my USB scanner works fine.

also, when if i turn the iphone off and then plug it in, the phone powers on, but still no sync and still not charging it just powers on

i turned it off and help down the home button and plugged it in, which made it go to "recovery mode" it tried to restore and gave an error, the phone rebooted and went back to normal, still won't sync

also under iTunes preferences the "disable automatic sync" is NOT checked

4. firefighter161 thread starter macrumors newbie

This solved the problem!!! Thanks

5. dwdrums2032 macrumors newbie

How do I restore usbmuxd?

I am experiencing the same issue as you were. My iPhone is not being recognized by any computer. I located the directory you mentioned, although I did not have a usbmuxd file within.

How do I go about restoring the "Versions" folder on my iphone from a pc? I cannot restore my iphone as iTunes is required for a restore. I do use iFile and SSH to view/modify files on my phone.

Where would I be restoring this file from? Where can I find a copy that is not corrupt?