iPhone Safari 'BUG'

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mcmonkiez, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mcmonkiez macrumors member

Folks,

I have my homepage set to on my mac...

http://www.apple.com/safari/welcome/

When i try to open a above link on my iPhone 3gS, safari just crashes .. i have 3gs

anybody have similar issues.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's not a bug. There's something wrong with the website, since it won't open outside the iPhone.

Yeah, checked it further, and you need Safari 4 to view the page. Since the iPhone OS is different, that's probably why.

What's even funnier is that it looks like it's Flash. So no wonder it doesn't work.

3. mcmonkiez thread starter macrumors member

well it should open on safari as iphone uses safari and not a mobile internet its a proper browser as per steve job :D lol

either way .. website does not have flash and its uses html with quicktime video and it should work without any error..

or iphone safari does not have much power to load quicktime + html websites?

i guess not as other wsbite works which supports quicktime video etc.

4. mcmonkiez thread starter macrumors member

I guess you right! however safari should not crash? as if you try to open the link using google chrome or firefox.. that link wont work or play.. as its only works on safari..

anybody got older version of safari to test the above link.. well not a big deal if it wont work on iphone.. thought if its just only me...

5. bradenwh macrumors 6502

It's not QuickTime video, for the most part. It's a combination of CSS and HTML5. The only QuickTime video is the very last part that shows the Safari icon.

6. bradenwh macrumors 6502