Iphone safari different user name? (Problem)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tuvshuu4, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Tuvshuu4 macrumors newbie

Hello every one.

Here is my problem.
    I see a different name on my safari. When i press on tabs in safari and scroll down there is a name appearsand shows up the visited sites lists. So on that name i see way different name. There is a name and icloud icon behind it. Wtf?

Its really making me confused and at the same time im annoyed! That name i have never seen before. And nobody touched my iphone with that name. No one used my iphone before? Eeven on my mac. No one uses my imac.

These might be problem?:
    Ive had a ipad before and i sold it. Before i sell it i deleted all my data and cleared that ipad. And logged out of icloud and istore etc. literally cleaned before i sell.

Or

Ive lost my iphone4s back in the 2012. That phone didnt have passcode. And ive changed my password after i lost my phone.

What could be a reason?
    Some one please help me.

P. S. I cant post a pic yet. Because im on the phone and im in china. All those picture uploading sites are blocked here.

2. Tuvshuu4, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014

Tuvshuu4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I sold my ipad more than a year ago.

But its showing some different name on my safari? Different name that its not mine. And my safari's that viewd history is changing everyday. And those visited sites are not by me.

3. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

I have this problem every time I do a clean install. Doing a reset cures it until the next time (press and hold the sleep/power button and the home button at the same time. Keep both buttons pressed until the screen comes back on). Then your safari problem will be gone.

4. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

Hmm, this came back today so I did the following to remove it.

Open the offending iCloud tab.
    Close it again.
    Clear Safari history.
    Close the Safari app in the multitasking tray.
    Go to iCloud and unselect safari.
    Choose 'keep on phone' when prompted.
    Do a hard reset (press & hold the sleep/wake button and the round home button simultaneously until the screen goes off. Keep them both pressed until the screen comes back on again).
    Go to iCloud and make sure that the Safari toggle is switched off, if it isn't then repeat all the other steps.
    Do a 'back-up now' on iCloud but with the Safari toggle switched off.
    Now do another hard reset of the phone.
    Open Safari and check that the offending iCloud tab isn't there.
    Close Safari in the multitasking tray.
    Do another hard reset.
    Now go to iCloud and switch Safari back on.
    Click to 'merge data'.

Everything should be ok now...