iphone safari virus popup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tfox11, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Tfox11 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how to find out if my phone has been infected or not

what I got was a popup message when I opened a website in safari (in my iphone 3gs)

the message says exactly this (i removed the slashes so the link isn't clickable):

http:hpfiksb.cz.cc
    Windows Antivirus 2011 has found a critical process activity on your PC and will perform fast scan of system files!z

it's a blue popup with an "OK" button under it.

It covers the safari screen so I am unable to click open a different page. And when I try to open a google link in safari, it stays on there.

I didn't click ok...I know it's a scam or virus.

I turned my phone off and back on and that page no longer shows up in safari.

I just need to know if its possible that it infected it even though I didn't click OK??

:(

thank you!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, its just a spam window that opened up.
    As long as you're on stock firmware you cannot get any viruses on your iphone.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

1. No Windows AntiVirus is going to detect malware on your iPhone or on a Mac.
    2. You were on an iPhone, not a PC.
    3. No website has the capability of scanning any computer or smartphone in order to detect any malware. You need to download and install an app for that.

These are scam pop-ups and cannot detect anything. Treat it as you would any other pop-up advertising. Close the window and ignore it.

4. JimBrown1 macrumors newbie

JimBrown1

I first noticed that when I was sending a text message, it kept popping up every few seconds, and didn't allow me to continue texting without saying an ok to it. I somehow got it to work, by turning off the GPRS. When GPRS is turned off, I don't get this message. Then I managed to download lookout security for mobile, and did a scan, it did not detect anything. But I am pretty sure this is something malicious. T he first thing I did was change my password and then notify my contacts not to click on any of the content in the email.