iPhone sales statistics?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frosse, Jun 2, 2008.

1. frosse macrumors 6502a

Just a quickie, how many iPhones has been sold since launch as of now?

Their goals was 10 million, right? Seems pretty easy when launch in europe and Asia. Didnt a carrier in India get it? I heard that like 70 percent of all unlocked US iphones are located in Asia (China/Japan/India). Those a pretty big markets.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You might just do a google search on it, b/c it seems everyone has their own data. I'm just confused by the numbers. :confused:

3. frosse thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I've got an answer for my question. Based on wikipedia graphs and charts Apple seems to have sold about 5 400 000 iPhones running from Q3 2007 to Q2 2008.

I guess that those figures include european sales aswell (germany, france, uk).

There is no doubt that they will make 10M in my opinion.

4. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Depends on the goal - Apple's ambition was to capture 1% of the global market during 2008. If this is the case then only sales during calendar year 2008 would count and then they would have to be measured against total worldwide sales.

I think.

5. frosse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ehm tricky, but no, Apple's overall goal is to sell more than 10M units and they intend to reach it sometime during 2008.

Apple wanna reach 10M no later than 31st of December.

I think.

6. wdash macrumors newbie

Depends on where you look, anecdotally, it hasn't sold so well in the UK, but has driven sales for O2 and CPW of other handsets as the iPhone pulls people into stores, but getting hard figures, with breakdowns, which is what I'd find interesting, that are accurate seems to be a bit of a challenge.

7. em500 macrumors regular

8. frosse thread starter macrumors 6502a