iphone sales

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guruji, Apr 7, 2008.

1. guruji macrumors member

to put things in right perspective. which phones are the:

1. biggest volume selling phones of all times?
    2. fastest selling of, of all times?

to gauge all this noise over micro-Mc(iphone)...

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I don't have sources or numbers, but I'm pretty sure that the answer to BOTH of those questions is the Motorola RAZR. Try googling up links on that subject and I bet you'll find some of the answers you're looking for.

3. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Not sure. Motorola RAZR is high up (if not #1) on the list for question one.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I'm not a big phone person (well kinda I guess) but I deff know that the RAZR was a hotttt selling item. I remember all the commercials and people that wanted one in black. It first sold for $600. Now it is available on every provider and comes in diff colors.

5. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

That's what happens when you rest on your laurels. Now Motorola's stock is in the tank and the company is splitting off the suffering handset division. I can't comprehend how the managment of Motorola, with a success like the RAZR, a long history of mobile phones, and the number two worldwide marketshare spot, could run the company into the ground in ~2 years.

6. mets1125 macrumors regular

Thats an interesting question. I wonder where the Star-Tac ranks?

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Q1 2008 sales show LG, Samsung making gains... Moto, Apple decline:

Q1 2008 World Sales

I've always admired Samsung's build quality, and I hope they bring their new Haptic over from Korea.

But HTC seems to have a winner with the new VGA /GPS equipped Diamond and its TouchFlo 3D UI.

I think HTC owes their phenomenal growth to Apple and its policy of not selling unlocked phones. The iPhone opened up desire for touch phones, and HTC delivered to places Apple did not. Heck, they've sold 3 million of their Touch models with almost no advertising or hype needed.

9. Matti macrumors regular

Nokia 1110 for 3rd world for markets. Released in 2003. Sold over 200 million units. Absolutely bottom of the barrel specs wise and extremly cheap to produce. The pre-production model had codename "Penny".

First phone ever for hunreds of millions of people. Mainly sold in places which never even had wired-phones.

Edit: That 200 million is really just for one model, and doesn't include any derivatives with modifield specs.