iPhone Sapphire Blue Leather Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MichaelMidnight, Jun 12, 2017.

1. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Do any of y'all have this case? I have matte black iP7+ and it looks so neat when I try it at the Apple Store. But I'm wondering how it'll look later. Is it gonna get super black? Any thoughts, very appreciated!

2. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Here's mine on my jet black.

IMG_0077.JPG IMG_0076.JPG

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I also posted some pics of mine on the other Leather case thread.

4. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Yah man, I saw those pics. They all look nice. I'm just curious to see how it looks after a few months time with patina / darkening.

5. Arcontia macrumors regular

I also have it, can't give an accurate answer because I rotate the case I have on my phone every two weeks or so to keep things fresh.

What I can tell you is this:

If you are worried about it turning grimy black, do NOT get midnight blue. If you want a blue that'll hold its own for a a long time, get Sapphire, you won't regret it, Sapphire is also a limited edition colour that probably won't be around for much longer either so yeah

6. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

I don't know what some of you people do to your Midnight blue cases, but 4 months in mine is still blue. The sapphire case is just gaudy.

Attached Files:

7. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

I had an Apple Midnight Blue case on my 6+ that darkened quickly to nearly black. I've had the Sapphire on my 7+ for the last couple months and it doesn't seem to have darkened much at all. I don't think it's been out long enough for anyone to comment on long term usage...

8. Arcontia macrumors regular

Is there any word on whether or not the 7 midnight blue cases darken as quickly? I've seen (pics) and heard different stories from different people on this forum so can't be sure :(