iPhone saves life

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Kwill, Oct 28, 2008.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Did she save his life... or was it the iPhone itself who did the saving? dun dun dunnnnnnn hahah

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Listening to the story it sounds like the woman saved the guys life. Though I never heard him mention she used an iPhone he just held one out. Maybe I just did not catch him mentioning an iPhone.

Though unless they start connecting iPhones with portable equipment monitoring vital signs I do not see how an iPhone on it's own could ever save anybodys life. Maybe stopping a .22 round headed for the heart:rolleyes:

3. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

My friend accidentally had his iPhone get run over by a car and he contemplated asking Apple for a replacement by telling them it stopped a bullet. The PR would have been a nightmare though and gotten him busted. If a story like this spins off with an "iPhone saved my life" comment, I'd hate to think what would happen when one actually does...

4. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

That was the lamest story I've heard today - what a pathetic man.

Of course no other phone on the planet would have allowed the woman to save him.

Somebody shoot him and see if the iPhone can stop a bullet and really save his life.

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

6. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

That's pretty harsh considering he never said "If it wasn't for her iPhone, I would've died." He said she took charge and saved his life.

I'm curious, though...He says she "found a cell phone." Who just "finds" an iPhone lying around in a park?

7. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Harsh - yes, but this guy is up for a Darwin award sometime - she warned him not to climb down the slope but he still did (even though he knew the conditions were unsafe) and then he breaks his ankle. She was out walking her dog - but helped the village idiot because she's a nice person.

On the phone part - I guess she used her own phone but he's quite keen to show everyone that he has an iPhone. Very sad.

8. Kwill thread starter macrumors 68000

Kwill

True, the story is rather lame. (No pun intended.) I never heard iPhone mentioned either. Nevertheless, the iPhone is prominently displayed which is good, free, PR (like Apple needs it).