iPhone Saves - Share your stories...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ec51, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ec51 macrumors 6502

Hey all...

So I figured I would just start a random post about any situation you found yourself glad to have your iPhone on you...I'll start:

So I work as a First Responder Paramedic for a couple of fire departments and as soon as I saw the app "Epocrates Rx" I knew it was perfect. There are so many versions of prescription drugs out there not to mention so many to begin with I just cant keep up.

I DL'ed this app and began using it and found it is very helpful for anyone in the medical field and very user friendly.

So the story...I am activated for a medical alert for a elderly female and to make a long story short, she had accidentally overdosed on some type of medication and she was really out of it. I had no idea what the pills were because older people usually keep all of their pills in those day keepers and there was no bottle to be found (not helping was absolutely no markings on the pill). Epocrates has a very useful picture guide for pills, which I remember from fooling around with it, so I rip the iPhone out and low and behold I am able to tell what he pill is. I administer some Narcan and BAM the woman wakes up....all thanks to the iPhone.

Also, in a non-related story...at the mall trying to return a Gap gift card I had bought for someone, but ended up not giving to them (long story) and my fiance use to work for Banana Republic (brother and sister company) and knew that you could return the gift card as long as you had the receipt. The manager and employees all tried telling me there is no way, after a little trip to Gap.com on the iPhone I was able to show them THEIR policy on gift card returns. Anyway........yeah, the iPhone rocks.

It's also a tough little phone, I was running with it on the shelf on a treadmill at the gym and as I was running my arm came down and hit earphone cable and it shot the phone down onto the moving treadmill which shot the phone behind me. Phone was fine...little black smudge which rubbed right off......

Share your iPhone saves...

2. MacMalv macrumors regular

mines not as heroic, all my mates were in the pub and we fancied something too eat and as we are in the middle of the country side everything was shut. so i jumped onto my iPhone and fond Mcdonald's telephone number, gave them a rig and found out they were open. BRILLIANT