iPhone scales pics down? can i turn this off?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Trillium, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Trillium macrumors newbie

I noticed that the iPhone automatically scales pictures down to small resolution versions. Is there any way to turn this off? As a professional photographer I would like to be able to occasionally send hi-rez files on the fly to clients from my phone over wi-fi.

The iPhone is scaling pics down pretty drastically it seems. A picture that started out at a resolution of 3267 x 2178 @ 2.8meg on my computer ends up at 640 x 427 @ 64k on the iPhone.

I understand for the most part this is a good thing for storing your photos on the phone so that they don't eat up storage but there should be a way to disable it, right?

2. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Under the official OS, there is no method to prevent image scaling while emailing photos.

Jailbroken phones running 1.x have the option of running a number of hacks that allow mail to send intact images from the phone. Without a 2.0 jailbreak in the wild (as yet) and uncertainty as to whether a 3G jailbreak is possible, it could be a little while before there is a workaround.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

get an app called filemagnet, all supported files in any size can be synced (so long as you have a mac)