Iphone scratch prevention....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecellar, Jul 11, 2009.

1. thecellar macrumors regular

I like to use incase slider cases, and was wondering if anyone had any tips, on how to prevent it from scratching the back of the iphone? With my 3g this was and issue...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't use the case if it does that. I have a couple of scratches from my other case (not a slider) and frankly so long as there is a way for a speck of dirt to get in there will always be a scratch I believe. Then again, I do not take my case off daily and clean it, that could be my issue.

That said, knowing a product has a "defect" such as this and knowing that you care would make me tell you the best thing to do to prevent it from happening is not put it on your new iPhone. :)

3. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Take my incase slider of and clean it once a week. That's what I do and works wonders. Most people never take the case out and dust acumilates and starts scraching the iPhone...

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Get a cheap "best skins ever" or more expensive "Bodyguardz" and (if you don't want to install the whole thing) trim the back piece so it covers only the back part that would scrach ... so now it won't.

If you don't it more then likely will scratch. My Griffin "easy dock" scratched the phone in a matter of days (and it was only removed ONCE). And the phone was perfectly clean when installed.

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Taking it off is what scratches it so if by chance you got something under it removing it to clean it will scratch it anyway.

6. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Dirt isn't what scratched my phone, what scratched it was a little imperfection in the plastic. It wasn't 100 smooth so any little bump in the plastic will scratch it when taking it off. So what I did was take some of the blue tape used when painting walls and stuff and put it on the inside.