Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BMMAC027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
Is anyone else as picky on their devices as I am?

I just got the new Iphone 6+ and I noticed a slight scratched on the finger print reader. At first glance you cant see it, but if you look, you can. I am debating if I should take it back to ATT. Am I just being over picky about this one, would anyone else go through the hassle of bringing it back to the store for another one?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
If purchased from Apple you would not have any problems. But ATT can be harder. They know that even if you get pissed they can stick you with the return fees if you want your money back.

It is why I buy from the Apple Store.

eortizr

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2015
Dallas
aren't you guys tired of all those scratch test on Youtube? is Apple paying those reviewers... I mean, the other day my headphone jack dropped into the glass from about 3 inches and it left a mark,, granted you need to look at an angle to see it, but it is there...

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
aren't you guys tired of all those scratch test on Youtube? is Apple paying those reviewers... I mean, the other day my headphone jack dropped into the glass from about 3 inches and it left a mark,, granted you need to look at an angle to see it, but it is there...

Obviously Apple is paying. :D

I want to buy an iphone 6 but i'm not that sure about all the scratching issue....

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

I just got the new Iphone 6+ and I noticed a slight scratched on the finger print reader. At first glance you cant see it, but if you look, you can. I am debating if I should take it back to ATT. Am I just being over picky about this one, would anyone else go through the hassle of bringing it back to the store for another one?

Are you sure it's a scratch? That fingerprint reader is sapphire, thus very unlikely to pick up scratches.. Unless it was scratched from the factory etc..

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

Personally, you're entitled to a new blank canvas that only you can scratch and paint on. Go return it. But you do know, in due time, once you scratch it, you stop caring.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Are you sure it's a scratch? That fingerprint reader is sapphire, thus very unlikely to pick up scratches.. Unless it was scratched from the factory etc..

Trust me Sapphire can't prevent scratches. I have one hairline scratch on the back camera. Apple Genius doesn't care because the photo looks great. :apple:

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015

Why would you even question this? You are PAYING for this phone - be under no illusions, so you are ENTITLED to a PERFECT device, no excuses.

Replace it, move on. All the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.