Iphone Scratch, thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMMAC027, Apr 7, 2015.

1. BMMAC027 macrumors newbie

Is anyone else as picky on their devices as I am?

I just got the new Iphone 6+ and I noticed a slight scratched on the finger print reader. At first glance you cant see it, but if you look, you can. I am debating if I should take it back to ATT. Am I just being over picky about this one, would anyone else go through the hassle of bringing it back to the store for another one?

2. bigdaddy223 macrumors regular

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If purchased from Apple you would not have any problems. But ATT can be harder. They know that even if you get pissed they can stick you with the return fees if you want your money back.

It is why I buy from the Apple Store.

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

5. eortizr macrumors member

aren't you guys tired of all those scratch test on Youtube? is Apple paying those reviewers... I mean, the other day my headphone jack dropped into the glass from about 3 inches and it left a mark,, granted you need to look at an angle to see it, but it is there...

6. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

Obviously Apple is paying. :D

I want to buy an iphone 6 but i'm not that sure about all the scratching issue....

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

Are you sure it's a scratch? That fingerprint reader is sapphire, thus very unlikely to pick up scratches.. Unless it was scratched from the factory etc..

8. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I have a small scratch to the left of the home button, can barely see it but can feel it with my nail.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Personally, you're entitled to a new blank canvas that only you can scratch and paint on. Go return it. But you do know, in due time, once you scratch it, you stop caring.

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Trust me Sapphire can't prevent scratches. I have one hairline scratch on the back camera. Apple Genius doesn't care because the photo looks great. :apple:

11. uid15 Suspended

uid15

Why would you even question this? You are PAYING for this phone - be under no illusions, so you are ENTITLED to a PERFECT device, no excuses.

Replace it, move on. All the best.