iPhone Scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Siobhan98, Apr 8, 2016.

?

Do light scratches matter on a iPhone with normal use?

1. YES

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. NO

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  1. Siobhan98 macrumors member

My new refurb iPhone 6 has scratches on the screen that can only be seen under direct sunlight, is this because of the oleophobic coating? Do these scratches matter and does anyone here have scratches on their iphone?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 8, 2016 ---
    make sure you post a reply with if you think they matter or not :)

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Who cares. It's a phone. You'll probably get a new one in 1-2 years. Scratches don't bother me.

3. koolmagicguy macrumors 6502

koolmagicguy

I can't stand scratching so I use a case and a screen protector. I wasn't going to use them but I got a micro scratch on day one just from putting it in my jeans pocket.

Use protection!

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

I cracked my screen and I don't give a flying fruit

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Is that because you don't have flying fruits to give? I bet if you had a flying fruit you would be generous and share it.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's my assessment as well, beside I have a case on my phone, so even if there were scratches, they'd be covered up.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Scratches on everything matter. That's why I'm willing to park a mile away from the door at almost every destination;)

I don't get them too often on my phones as I'm very careful, but it does happen. And, it sucks.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

That's different. A car costs thousands and thousands more than a phone. Also, most people don't get a new car every 1-2 years like we do phones.

9. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

The first scratch is always the most painful. Afterwards, the rest don't really matter insofar that they don't affect the workings of the phone.

10. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

It matters but it is what it is. A scratch is always better than a dent. I've learned this when I was a teenager where my car was the world to me that my girlfriend hated it lol. I'd clean & polish the shiznit out of it until my major accidents happened. Yeah, I've crashed a couple of cars in some major accidents by driving like an indestructible teenager. Ever since, I've learned to appreciate minor imperfections over the major ones. Hey, it could be worse. I've dropped my iPhone 4 once with luck (no damage, that phone was solid) & my iPhone 5s on concrete (Saturday night drinking lol). I've replaced my 5S since (still have it) & purchased the 6S (now with the Apple leather case with screen protector on both). Both are still flawless & in perfect condition. So, back to your question, if it were scratched, it's not the end of the world. You can always replace material things I guess. You only live once, enjoy it!

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Micro scratches only matter if they bother you.

12. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

Not really. Never used any screen protection on any of my iPhone, just a case to protect the phone. Also, never used the same pocket for keys, iPhone and money, of course...

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Matter in regards to what?

Matter to whom?

I.e. The scratches on my 2007 4Runner don't "matter" to me now, but if I wanted to sell it, they would. Also, they might matter to my wife now, but I'm the primary driver of that vehicle at the moment, so it mattering to her doesn't matter. ;)

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Scratches on my iPhones only matter to me during the first year and then only if they are deep and visible.

It took me almost two years to get a scratch on my iPhone 5 screen that was only visible in strong light viewed at a certain angle.

I don't use cases. I'm careful and even though I do now use a screen protector the fact of the matter is that if you don't put your phone with things that can scratch it - you aren't prone to getting your phone scratched.

All that said, scratches on the body of the phone matter to me far less than scratches on the glass.

15. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Yes, they matter (to me) on everything. So, in case of my iPhone I use a screen protector and a light case.

16. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

I have flying fruits, but not for people who bark @barkomatic