iPhone scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanthemaN9199, Oct 6, 2007.

1. DanthemaN9199 macrumors newbie

I dropped my iPhone the other day, and it got a couple scratches on it and some of the silver on the back got chipped. Does anyone know if there's somewhere I can take it to get it fixed, or if there's another way of doing it?

2. Pilaco macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if they'd fix it free of charge if you dropped it. I was wondering if Apple would replace my own, but I'm guessing not. They wouldn't believe me.

The phone came with this knick where the chrome and the backing meets. I haven't dropped it, or done anything to it. Only had it for a week and I noticed it a few days go. And then on the right hand side where the backing and the black plastic meet, there's this dent-like thing. At certain angles, you can see this sort of line that looks like a dent, but it's not really noticeable if you try feeling for it. -_-

3. DanthemaN9199 thread starter macrumors newbie

But could they fix it, or would I have to get a whole new one?

4. TheotherJoseph macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

Apple will fix it or replace it. The question is will they charge you or not.

All you can do is call apple and find out. It never hurts to ask (nicely)

5. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

There us a company that makes the replacement covers for the iPhone. It costs $49 and is the same cover from apple and made by apple. I forgot the website but just google iPhone replacement case and u will find it.

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

7. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

dan, didn't want to have to be the one to tell you, but tile chips, glass breaks, and soft pine will show pen marks. If you'd stop abusing that poor phone, it wouldn't scratch...

8. vega07 macrumors 65816

if you bought your iphone with an amex card, amex offers reimbursement for accidental damage repairs for 90 days.

9. calvy macrumors 65816

Huh? Crap, I think I'm just out of my 90 days, and I already got my price adjustment from them.

I've dropped mine and cleaned most of the mess up with NevrDullz, a car product by EagleOne.

10. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I SEVERELY doubt amex will repair something as minor as scratches during their 90 day coverage.

You can buy individual pieces from ifixit such as from this link here
    http://www.ifixit.com/Products/iPhone/105/Page-2

If you want to take it apart you can maybe replace the silver chrome with a new one for about 30 bucks.

11. vega07 macrumors 65816

there's no doubt about it. it's called buyer assurance and covers accidental damage for the first 90 days.

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Are you sure this would cover a portable device such as an iPhone which, like normal mobile phones, is susceptible to this kind of damage? They might deem this to be normal wear and tear.

13. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

I have the new iPod nano and it has tons of of scraches on the back.And i think that apple will fix it :D:D

14. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Are they no better than earlier generation iPods (particularly 5G) at resisting scratches then?