iPhone scratches???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TopGear300, Jul 26, 2008.

1. TopGear300 macrumors regular

TopGear300

Hello, im the proud owner of a brand new :apple: iPhone 3G in black!!! So im so anal about scratches and to keep my new baby clean I have even decided not to take off the plastics until I get a case. So Im all set to order the invisible shield ( http://www.zagg.com/ ) but then I started to wonder what other owners do/think? Do I need a case? Does either the back or the front scratch easily? Any responses are much appreciated!!!

THANKS AGAIN!! :D

2. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

The front does not scratch easily, but the back is probably a different story. I have Zagg on order, but got the antiglare one's the Apple store stocks while I was waiting for my order to ship along with the contour case. I have had my original iPhone since day one (over a year) and have no scratches on the screen and I carry it in my pocket naked. I really like the feel of the antiglare protection I put on today. Your finger really slides easily compared to the plane glass.

- James

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I found my original iPhone to scratch easily on the back but the front is pretty tough

Girlfriend and friends have found the front of the 3G phones to be a little easier to scratch but still good enough that if you keep good care of it, everything should be fine

4. TopGear300 thread starter macrumors regular

TopGear300

THANKS for the rapid responses?

I think im just going to order the back shield not the whole body. Im just taking in to account that im not the best at installation LOL!!