iPhone Screen: 5 Series vs. 7 Series

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
I have 2 iPhones as some of you know. 1 has a 5 series screen, and the other has a 7 series screen.

Now, if i just had one iPhone, i wouldn't be able to tell if my screen was normal or not (never was before). It's almost like as if it's fading. I've had the 5 series iPhone since June 29th, but recently got the 2nd, 7 series iPhone. It's starting to kind of annoy me. Anyways, comparison:

7 Series on the left.

It isn't this bad in person (a little camera over exposure) but you can still tell.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
Interesting the colors do look sort of faded or washed out on the older iPhone, are you going to exchange the older iPhone for a newer one?

earthsick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
central nj
The general idea on here is that the 5 series screens are far better than the 7 series. I really can not agree with that. I had a 7 series phone and it was replaced with a 5 series. When comparing the two screens I first realized how blown out of proportion the whole debate is...both screens are fine. Second, I honestly think the 7 series is better. The 5 is brighter, but in some instances represents colors too bright and contrast suffers. The 7 also displays blacks richer. But all in all, they are both fine....I thought this debate ended months ago.

taybo20

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Tempe
I kind of missed the whole debate and discussion, but does anyone know why there were two different screen versions???