iPhone Screen - Amazing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sammy2066, Jul 14, 2009.

1. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

Its been about 2 years since the iPhone first launched. Many manufacturers after completely dismissing the idea of phones without a physical keyboard are now releasing more iPhone-like devices everyday (although without much success).

After having used a couple of phones from Samsung and HTC running either a proprietary UI covering WinMo or devices running Android, the one thing that hampers the user experience is the sensitivity of the screen.

The responsiveness of the iPhone's screen and the OS is simply phenomenal. Once you're used to scrolling on the iPhone, its extremely difficult to find any other device that replicates the same experience (effortlessly flicking on the screen, the rubberbanding effect and so on).

Devices like the 5800 XpressMusic have such miserable screens that it is impossible to scroll or type messages on them (after you're used to an iPhone of course). Even on some HTC phones running Android, you have to try really hard to flick through screens, go through your contacts and type texts.

So in my opinion, ceteris paribus, the screen responsiveness has given the iPhone an edge in terms of user experience.

What do you guys think?

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

I have not owned any of the phones of which you speak but did check out several touch screen phones and I must say the glass screen of the i is far superior to any other screen I have put my hands on. I am happy I use an i!

3. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Yep. You know what they say about Apple products: "Once you go mac, you don't go back!"

4. Gershon macrumors member

Gershon

best would be in 2010 they came up with high quality Hd video and OLED screen ;)