iPhone screen and home button dropped off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by comeheretellme, Feb 19, 2011.

1. comeheretellme macrumors newbie

I dropped my iPhone 3gs yesterday on hard tarmac and the screen came out- but it was literally hanging by a tread- well that copper thing held it. Hours later, it stopped responding, so I decided to clean the LCD screen- I am not iPhone savvy as yet, so I thought that the LCD was dirty and was affecting touch senses...then all of a sudden, the whole screen came off. I was surprisingly calm and thought 'it's nothing'. This morning I was trying to see if I can at least reboot it, and as I was pressing down the sleep and home buttons, the home button came off. Now I have a perfectly fine iPhone which doesn't have a home button, top screen and touch sense. I am very worried and I can't tell my parents about it yet. My warranty has ran out, but I've booked an appointment to the apple store for Wednesday and I am praying they can do it for free, seeing as I am an unlucky teenager. I cant pay for it though, anything over £20 is suspicious, because my parents will ask me what I want to buy etc . Please give me hope...:mad::confused:

2. centavar macrumors member

Well...how about you get it back together and just tell your parents it stopped working by itself? Because obviously repairs are needed,and I doubt it'll be for free...

3. comeheretellme thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I've done that! I'll just have to tell them that it stopped working by itself and I am visiting the apple store to see if they can fix it. If all fails, I'll have to ask a trustworthy cousin to pay the replacement fee for me and I'll do some sort of a lengthy 'pay-back' scheme with them-with no interest though.

Thank you for your response- considering this thread has over 70 views and only 1 person so far has bothered to try and help... I can't thank you enough!

:)

4. centavar macrumors member

It sounds like a plan then! I hope everything works out pal, I know how I'd feel if that happens to my iphone...:(

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Hopefully you get a nice, friendly genius who`ll just sort it out for you.
    Good Luck ;)

6. calvy macrumors 65816

probably because we all clicked the thread to see wtf you meant by the home button and screen falling off.

7. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

oh my god grow up and tell your parents you dropped it, if your parents love you they will understand it was an accident there not going to punish you

8. comeheretellme thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I hope so. I'm just going to be firm and friendly and hopefully it will work out! :)

Thanks.

9. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

It will probably cost 139 to replace the phone.

10. comeheretellme thread starter macrumors newbie

It's nothing to do with being punished, because I wont. It's just that I don't want to disappoint my parents and basically make them think I'm careless. Oh and my parents do love me, that's why I don't want to cause fuss over an iPhone. I'm growing up thank you very much, I like to go with my time and not rush myself to be a grown up. :p

Thanks though :)

11. comeheretellme thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah, I should have thought of that! :)

12. comeheretellme thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really want to replace it though. Can they just refurbish it or something? :s