iPhone Screen Bleed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Arisian, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Quick question guys,

Firstly, I purchased an iPhone from a friend for $100 dollars. I dont have a data plan yet but ive noticed that the screen has some light bleed through in one area and it also has an air bubble in the actual glass. Since Im not the original owner of this phone (no have a registered it.. its jb'd to work on AT&T) can I take it into an apple store and try to get a refund? I realize this is WELL after the fact, but I was wanted to post this and see if anyone knew of the options I might have.

Ive read alot about people taking there iphones in and just exchanging it for new ones. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    Arisian

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'd try to get a refund from your friend first. :p

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

why would i want a refund on a phone that i paid $100 for? Even broken its going for more than that on ebay and its still 100% functional.

4. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

5. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

way to contribute...

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Umm, I think he/she was trying to tell you it would not be possible. Seems like a valid contribution to me.

You will definitely not get a refund. If it's a 3G, you *might* get them to exchange it for a fresh one.

If that doesn't work, why not just sell it for $400-$500 (assuming it's a 3G) and buy another?

7. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

its not a 3g. Thanks for the input though. My point is that the flaw is orginal to the phone even though Im not the original owner.

8. Aznmidgetboy macrumors newbie

have u checked to see if the phones under warranty?