iPhone screen cover issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MechaNikos, Mar 23, 2008.

1. MechaNikos macrumors newbie

Hello,

just got my iPhone a few days ago and I'm generally very pleased.

Last night I noticed that there are 4 pin-sized holes on the screen cover, not the actual LCD, one towards each corner of the phone and the screen backlight is visible through them.

I wouldn't really mind as it seems they are there for a purpose, but the top right one is really visible at night, especially with the brightness turned up and I find it annoying.

Has anyone noticed the same thing? I'm actually thinking of taking the phone back to the Apple Store and change it.

Thanks

2. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Same

Yeah I recently had my iphone replaced (and I received a refurbished one)

I noticed that same "hole" on the top right hand corner the other day. I don't know why it is there... there is also one on the top left, but I haven't noticed any towards the bottom.

I just don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it, doesn't annoying me really.

3. MechaNikos thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair point, but for me, once I know it's there I keep looking at it! :)

There are actually 4 of those, one on each corner. If you tilt the phone slightly left or right and look on the very edge of the screen cover. It seems to me that the top right one is more visible due to a misalignment of the internal cover or something.

Too bad for Apple really... But then again, I realised that my MBP is not that solidly built either; I have a few issues with that as well. Nothing will ever surpass the build quality of my old "Stinkpad"..

4. Robb315 macrumors member

5. FoxyApple macrumors newbie

too bad how? the astronomical sales? the durability?

6. MechaNikos thread starter macrumors newbie

Too bad, as the explosive sales growth of Apple's products has had a noticeable impact on build quality. This is a general comment, not only for the iPhone.

I do believe the iPhone is a great product altogether and for the $650 I paid in the Apple store here in the UK, I was expecting it to be 100% flawless. The same applies to my $3850 MBP.