iPhone screen distortion/ not cracked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by happyfoxprod, Jun 7, 2013.

1. happyfoxprod macrumors newbie

Hi, this morning I dropped my I phone from my bed to my floor... my floor is carpet so I still dont know how this happened but my screen is pixilated and wont show anything. No cracks or anything the screen basically wont turn on. Any ideas on what happened or what steps I should take? The thing that makes it look bad is I did drop my phone that caused a very small crack on the bag of the apple logo the first day I got it which was a year ago so I know that couldn't have done any thing.
    Any help is wanted!

Attached Files:

2. lylemo macrumors member

You'll probably be best served by taking the phone to an Apple retail store.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

the screen could either be internally damaged, or simply the LCD ribbon cable would be loose or unplugged. if there is no other obvious physical damage other than what you already described, take it to apple to see if they can inspect or repair the device.

4. lylemo macrumors member

idem

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

If you take it into an Apple Store they will probably suggest replacing it. If that's the case then that's not going to be covered under the warranty (assuming its still under warranty). Before doing that, you might consider taking it back home and opening it up just to look and see if the connector popped free. Could potentially be an easy DIY fix.