Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I was browsing in safari and it crashed, and tuned into sleep mode. I pressed the top button to wake up and the screen started flashing rapidly for about 20 seconds and then stopped. It seems to be ok now but what do you think. maybe just a fluke problem. Should I take it into apple if I can maybe not reproduce the flashes again?

mercury6966

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
i had the same problem I on my 3rd iPhone now had it exhanged yesrterday night at the apple store. I called apple 1st they could not help me so they told me to see a genius at the apple store that's where I got it exhanged for the 2nd time

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Like a strobe? Is it a party favor now?

Seriously though, someone at work bought one, charged, activated, got a call and it flashed. He took it back and got another. No reason as to why it happened, but was easily exchanged.

Gonzlobo

Suspended
May 9, 2007
Albuquerque
I saw something like this online. Someone discovered ~70 'bugs', one of which was a flickering screnn like you report. Sorry, I no longer have the link.

Sal510

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
mines does that too!!! i press the sleep button but is flashes like 4 or 5 times and then i sleep it and turn it back on and it works fine but i dont like it when it does that it pisses me off for a ****en 600 dollar phone and doing that **** ahhh :mad:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
mines does that too!!! i press the sleep button but is flashes like 4 or 5 times and then i sleep it and turn it back on and it works fine but i dont like it when it does that it pisses me off for a ****en 600 dollar phone and doing that **** ahhh :mad:

Then exchange it!

The iPhone I just got got does NOT flash... yet, and hopefully it never will. :/

Kurt Hustle

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2007
I was browsing in safari and it crashed, and tuned into sleep mode. I pressed the top button to wake up and the screen started flashing rapidly for about 20 seconds and then stopped. It seems to be ok now but what do you think. maybe just a fluke problem. Should I take it into apple if I can maybe not reproduce the flashes again?

Happened to me this morning...woke up...hit the sleep key to see what was up and the screen started strobing. Hit it again to shut it off...then seemed to work fine.

earthsick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
central nj
this happened to me twice...the most recent time it was charging and i was getting a call and the screen started flashing...it looked as if it was attemptiing to show the incoming call screen and the charging screen at the same time...it was odd but ended as soon as i took the call. if it happens one more time i will get it replaced

JMax1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
Harlem, NY
That happened to me three times. The first time it freaked me out, the second time I thought maybe it's the light sensor, and the third time was right after the second time when I tried partially covering the sensor to replicated the problem - which worked. I thought it might have been because the *speck cover for my iPhone was partially covering it. I moved it a little bit and it hasn't happened since. That was maybe three weeks ago and no problem since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.