iPhone Screen Freaking Out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaymattlin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jaymattlin macrumors newbie

So here is my problem.

My phone was just replaced a couple of weeks ago because of a headphone issue. This isn't relevant other than I have a new..ish phone.

Starting a couple of days ago, my phone started acting like it was being touched. It was sending random texts to people and when I'd open up anything with a keyboard, it would frantically start typing and screwing up.

If I'm using the Facebook app, it randomly brings up profiles and likes status updates and just acts nuts.

I've restarted it and hard reset it several times and nothing is fixing the problem. I can't even make a phone call without it trying to call everyone in my contact list and dialing random numbers.

Now, it won't even unlock. Sometimes, if I used another finger it would unlock but it's totally unresponsive right now.

Any ideas?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

uhh....your iphone can have one of two things. dead strips, or you got the iphone virus. did u receive a text from somebody u didnt know that had like a little cube. i think its blue? anyway im pretty sure it cant be fixed from a restore...so just take it to apple and have them give u a new one.

3. jaymattlin thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. No random texts with a virus attached. Ended up just taking it to the store. The guy looked at it for about 2 minutes and once he couldn't get the screen to unlock, he just replaced it.

Thanks!