Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this so I thought I'd check. Yesterday after ending a call my iPhone 3G locked and the screen turned off, completely normal after receiving a call whilst the iPhone is locked. The problem arose once I tried to wake the iPhone and after pressing the home button a few dozen times I noticed it wasn't waking, I then hit the power button a few times and held it a couple more to see if possibly the phone just shut off ... Still no luck. Finally, I held home and power to see if maybe the screen was just frozen and if the iPhone would do it's cycle of off and then turn back on ... and what do you know, that's exactly what happened. So the iPhone was on, just the screen wouldn't activate, yet after restarting it was fine. I figured it was a fluke ( eventhough I had never experienced that ) and went on with my day.

Later, my girlfriend was on her iPhone 3G on 3.1 and the same exact thing happened which leads me to believe it's possibly a bug in 3.1.

Anyone else experience this?

A few notes:
- They were both iPhone 3G's running 3.1
- They were updated on different machines
- Neither of us have experienced this pre- 3.1

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
same problem. it's driving me crazy. i did an upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.

i'm going to try a DFU restore right now at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.