Iphone screen/gasket problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scaz182, Mar 11, 2009.

1. scaz182 macrumors newbie

Hi people,

I got an iPhone 3g a couple weeks back and have recently noticed the gasket between the glass and the silver bezel is not sitting entirely right at the top of my phone.

this does not bother me all that much but my real concern is the fact that if slight pressure is applied to the top left corner of the screen it can be pressed in slightly whereas none of the other corners do this?

Is this normal do any of yours move slightly or is it a defect and if so do you think the defect may be an issue later down the line?

Cheers.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Any gaps in that seal would allow for dust to enter the screen, becoming trapped under the glass. That's the first thing I'd watch for.

3. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well there's no gaps as such, the gasket is just raised slightly in two places (not enough to create gaps) my real concern is whether other peoples glass can be pressed down at all in the corners?

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I've had to like this, first time Genius bar swapped it due to dust, second time.. more dust told me the only way that this problem can be stopped is to "get a case"..

I need to BUY a case for a manufacturing issue on Apples phones. Cool.

5. Deathshead macrumors newbie

im going this weekend to get mine swapped out, call apple, get a case number, go get it swapped its a known issue.