iPhone screen "gives" a little... is that normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lukeman3000, Jul 21, 2008.

1. lukeman3000 macrumors regular

So I have noticed that when I gently press on the upper-lefthand corner of my iPhone 3g, it feels like I am able to press the glass screen into the housing ever so slightly - however, the other 3 corners feel rock solid compared to that one.

Also, when slight pressure is applied to the upper-lefthand corner and the top of the lefthand side of the phone, it makes a "click" noise sometimes that sounds like the glass is clicking against metal or something strange like that. Is this such a small complaint that I shouldn't worry about it, or should I take advantage of my 1 year warranty with Apple and send it in? My concern is that the techs won't be able to replicate or understand my issue if I do send it in because it doesn't make that "clicking" noise all the time when you press on it.

Just to clarify, the amount of pressure I apply to the screen to make this "clicking" noise is almost negligible, in other words, it can almost, almost happen from normal operation, since you barely have to touch the iPhone.

2. uncleguito macrumors newbie

My iPhone 2G does the same thing in the top right corner. I wouldn't worry about it, but I've noticed that if I press it more to figure out what's causing it, pressure marks appear for a second near the corner on the LCD (the pixels light a greenish color near where I'm applying pressure).

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Are you at all close to an Apple store? Replicating a problem is always easier when you can do it yourself.

If it bothers you enough, take it in. However, unless this "give" is visibly affecting the LCD display (kind of like what post #2 describes), its probably not an issue that will affect performance of the phone.

4. theotherrogue macrumors regular

I noticed the same thing about my iPhone (3G) a few days ago.
    The upper-left corner of my screen seems to "stick out" a little more than the rest of the screen, and has a 'spongy' feel to it when I press on it. I was a little concerned about it, so I'd like to hear what other people have to say about it as well.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

My screen doesn't give any and is level. I really don't think there should be any give.