iPhone screen goes blank when "slide to unlock"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carve, Jun 4, 2008.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

hello, I have had my iPhone since christmas. It is running 1.1.4, never jailbroken, unlocked it or anything, never dropped it. I have had it in an iSkin revo since I bought it. About 15% of the time when I "slide to unlock" the screen just goes blank, doesn't respond so I have to do a harsh restart. It might be a glitch, not sure. I don't have extended warranty though...hope someone could help me!!

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

3. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

yes, didnt do anything. It only happens if I have 5+ windows open in safari which is odd..

4. wardwood macrumors newbie

iPhone screen goes blank when "slide to unlock"

I had similar problems due to interference from my Kressell case. It has two ears that come up either side of the speaker, and the left one covers the proximity sensor. The sensor is supposed to detect when the phone is close to your face and turn the screen off so that you don't accidentally mute your call by touching the mute button with your cheek, or similar.

I cut the left ear off my case, and everything works fine.

cheers, Simon

5. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

and why the hell are you still running 1.1.4? :confused:

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hey OP, I've had the same situation at least four times. I don't have a screen protector or a case at the time that it messes up. All I do is tap the Home Button or "slide to unlock" and it goes blank...:mad: