iphone screen no longer feels the same to my touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac000, Oct 11, 2007.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

is there some type of residue that comes off the iPhone screen? After about 2 weeks my fingers don't glide on the screen, and the screen is clean. Maybe its just in my head, but other iPhones ive tried have the "gliding" feel to them still.

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

3. tooshaggy macrumors regular

tooshaggy

its probably just a bit dirty/gritty.
    lick the screen and wipe it with your t shirt! I do!

4. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Did this happen after you clean the screen? I get the same feeling after I wipe it down good. I think the oil from my finger is what gives it that easy gliding feeling.

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I highly doubt there is any type of coating on the iPhone screen. If there was I don't think any of the protective films would stick on it. The glossy gliding feeling comes when there is a little bit of residue on the screen from your fingers and whatnot. When you wipe down the iPhone with a slightly damp cloth it gets rid of all the oils and makes the screen tougher to slide your finger on. I also notice that in the mornings after I have recently showered the screen is extra rough because there are less oils on my fingers. This is another thing that may be making you think the screen is different, but in reality it is still the same.

6. T4R06 macrumors 65816

maybe you have screen protector that blocking the sensor???