Iphone. screen no power.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kondpro, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kondpro macrumors member

I have just got an iphone. (Not jailbroken yet)It was given to me broken.

I plugged the phone in to my laptop. When i plugged it in to charge, I hear a noise from the phone. It opened up itunes and is recognized. itunes gives me a couple of options. To restore, or update.

I am guessing that the screen is not getting power. The screen has no activity or light shown.

The screen seems to be in decent condition. There is a small crack in the screen right above the home button.

I am trying to rule out possible issues and get this puppy running.

The iphone is what i believe to be the 3g. I am running Itunes 9.2(which needs to be updated). There is an update for the Iphone software.

Any help or info is very much appreciated. Please let me know if left any needed info I have left out.

2. Resist macrumors 68030

3. kondpro thread starter macrumors member

I just started watching some videos. There is a difference between the glass screen and the lcd.

I am wondering what would be the damaged part.

It is actually the 3gs

4. kondpro thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks

5. kondpro thread starter macrumors member

I finally got the kit to take it apart. Are there any tell tale signs i should be looking for, if the lcd screen was broken?

I have the glass seperated from the lcd, and the back of the iphone.

Upon first glance, the lcd looks fine. No cracks. It looks clean. The glass has a small crack near the home button, very minor.

So im wondering if there are any signs i should be looking for.

Also im wondering if any you guys have, of ribbons just detaching, from normal use, and it being dropped?

6. kondpro thread starter macrumors member

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Seems pretty simple to me. You say you have the kit, follow the instructions, hook it up and see if it works. If it does, something was wrong with the old LCD/ribbon cable/etc. If not, there is something else wrong with the phone.

8. kondpro thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I was a little intimidated. I just assumed that there was something wrong with lcd, and one of the cables didnt just jar loose.

I replaced the original lcd(i only bought the screw driver, spudger, and suction cup) Conected the ribbons, and viola, the thing works.

Thanks to you guys. This whole community is awesome