Iphone Screen Not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Scotttsh94, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Scotttsh94 macrumors newbie

Well a week or two ago my iPhone became all weird. The screen turned all black and i couldn't press anything but when someone called me it could vibrate and the screen would still be black. I tried connecting it to itunes and it said that it was locked with a passcode and i couldn't press anything cause the screen was still black. So i thought maybe i shud restart it but i couldn't turn it off. So i thought i should let it run out of battery. After a week, the battery was low and the icon poped up on the screen. Hence, i thought i was working but when i charged it the screen became black again and i couldn't press anything.

Even holding on to the home and power button doesnt work. Help me please.

Btw, it was a 1st gen iPhone and it was v2.2.1

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You should turn the phone off, and then while it is turned off hold down the home button and connect it to iTunes and it will be in recovery mode. Restore it from there. Instructions for recovery mode is in my sig.

3. Scotttsh94 thread starter macrumors newbie

i cant turn it off because i nothing appears on the screen and my iPhone was jailbroken

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Turn it off by holding down the home and lock button until the phone turns off. Are you sure that you are holding them long enough? Have you got the phone wet or dropped it majorly?