iPhone screen on your desktop for presentation help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steveogratin, Aug 14, 2008.

1. steveogratin macrumors newbie

I would like to do a presentation using an iPhone and have the face of the iPhone projected to the audience as I navigate on it.
    I would basically like to do what Steve Jobs did in his presentation of the iPhone. I've also, seen youtube videos that have a white dot that simulates finger movements when navigating
    An example video is here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kwmEIctuUw

Does anyone know what to do? Is this an app/program? Is this utilizing the tv out?
    Thanks
    Steve

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Hi

I know its an app, and requires the phone to be connected to a computer i cant remember the name but i cant imagine it will be cheap.

3. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Get a Mac, load the SDK and you can do something quite similar.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The video cable output on the iPhone only shows movies and photos. (You'd think they'd put in a setting to let it do more, but no.)

As was mentioned, you could use the emulator on a Mac and show the Mac screen.

Or you could buy one of those setups to project the iPhone screen via a camera mounted above it.

Or you could record your demo on the iPhone the same way (with a separate camera), and save it and edit it for display.

I capture my Windows CE demos on a PC using a program that saves the mouse movements as a circle (example here), but that won't work for the iPhone, unfortunately.

5. pmburu macrumors newbie

Did this work?

HI,
    did this work in the end? i would like to perform something similar.

Best!

Patrick

6. steveogratin thread starter macrumors newbie