Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many iPhone screen pages do you use?

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 17 16.3%

Votes: 32 30.8%

Votes: 34 32.7%

Votes: 10 9.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
3 pages. Main page has the icons I use the most, 2nd page has a lot of the apps I have downloaded, along with some of the other apps I dont use like stocks, contacts, etc. and then I have a 3rd page devoted just to games.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
1 page. 8 icons. (91 total apps)

thanks to categories, no more scrolling to the next page.

Man, this actually look pretty damn good. How stable is the category app? Perhaps I should contemplate on playing with it using my first gen.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I used to have 6 pages but eversince I jailbroken my Iphone and use a jailbreak app where you create folders and by categories like games, musics, medias and etc.... I am now down to just 2 pages. :cool:

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
dude, seriously? you're debating me on this? the poll question asks "how many pages do you USE?"

you USE 6......even if the last page is for "development" or even "scrap".....it's still a page used.

lol......what a joke!

Not really seeing as there is no way to remove icons you don't want. I only use the first page. The second page is for useless stuff I never use but can't take off the phone like the weather app, notes app, iTunes WiFi store and the calculator.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
2. I'm jailbroken, so I use catagories. I have one page with all of the default apps (minus Stocks, Contacts, and iTunes) with MobileChat as well. On the second page I have all of my categories folders, plus the categories app itself. It's a lot neater than the default setup.

Chronimac

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2008
1 page. 8 icons. (91 total apps)

thanks to categories, no more scrolling to the next page.

are there 8 invisible icons on the middle of your screen? or is there a way to line the icons to the sides instead of rows?

sye46

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
are there 8 invisible icons on the middle of your screen? or is there a way to line the icons to the sides instead of rows?

To all that responded to my post... yes, my phone is jailbroken. The theme is Glass Orb. Categories have been very stable for me... doesn't cause any issues with performance of the phone.. it takes about 2-3 seconds to open each folder, i wish it would be instant... oh well, sure beats scrolling and looking for an app.

and yes, the middle 8 icons are blank apps that can be found in Cydia (if your phone is jailbroken)

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
To all that responded to my post... yes, my phone is jailbroken. The theme is Glass Orb. Categories have been very stable for me... doesn't cause any issues with performance of the phone.. it takes about 2-3 seconds to open each folder, i wish it would be instant... oh well, sure beats scrolling and looking for an app.

and yes, the middle 8 icons are blank apps that can be found in Cydia (if your phone is jailbroken)

very nice setup you have on that j/b phone!

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
I'm just about on page 6. I have a lot of stuff, and I'm still trying to figure out how to organize it all, but I would say that my most used icons go on my first page, and progress to my less used icons on page 5 which is almost full.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.