iPhone screen problem (White screen)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IraDean, May 16, 2010.

1. IraDean macrumors newbie

I had my iPhone in my shirt pocket. Took it out and all that shows up is a white screen. I can still answer calls if I slide my finger across the screen in the correct area, but I can not see anything but white. I am going to try the restore and forced restore but don't think it will work according to the Apple support guy. Any suggestions welcome!!!!! Thanks in advance.

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

white screen of death.

its a known issue. as far as i am aware you cant do anything. this happened to a collegue of mine at work. he was able to take it back for a replacement (providing it is still under warranty).

3. IraDean thread starter macrumors newbie

Not under warranty (ran out 26 days ago). Thanks though.

4. gr3chan macrumors newbie

gr3chan

I have seen that many times before. The iPhone has basically two parts in the screen assembly, the LCD and the Glass/Digitizer. If you are still able to receive calls and perform swipe motions, then that is a good sign. The bad sign is that the LCD is bad and will need replaced. If the phone is still under warranty, and has no visible signs of accidental damage, then Apple should replace it for you free of charge. However if it is no longer under its original 1 year warranty, you will have to pay to get it fixed. Cost is roughly 100 dollars. If you need more information on getting it repaired you can request a quote at http://rotten-apples.net/contact-2/request-a-quote/

5. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

if you have an apple store nearby it couldn't hurt to try. Especially if there are no signs of physical damage the apple dudes might surprise you