iPhone Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rasmusschaal, Mar 18, 2008.

1. rasmusschaal macrumors member

http://www.handhelditems.com/iphone-crystal-clear-screen-protector-p-8163.html

Hi i've searched around the net for a bit now, cause im getting an iPhone soon. Actually as soon as it gets to Denmark.
    But anyways, i know that i want a silicone case for it, as i dont want it to be scratched on the back, neither on the marge.
    But then i said to myself, is it possible to protect the screen?
    And now i found this iPhone screen protector, and i think im gonna buy it. But im not quite sure if i can use the touch screen while having it on?

2. ncavs10 macrumors member

yes, it appears that you are able to use the touchscreen with this product. what good would a screen protector be without being able to use the phone? i have a similar product that i got from the apple website...a little more expensive but well worth it. its an anti-glare film that does not leave residue on the phone if you ever decide to take it off, but it won't fall off randomly. i was worried about sensitivity being different, but surprisingly it remains unchanged.

good luck with finding the right one.

3. rasmusschaal thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the info man.
    now i've been searching some more and i found this, full-coverage film protector i think.
    its not even visible but i heard from some guy in here, that i can use the phone and it doesnt get scratches in the back, neither in the front?
    http://www.invisibleshield.com/smartphone/apple/iphone.php

4. ncavs10 macrumors member

thats funny because i've been looking for something like that so i can use the phone without a case or anything and haven't been able to find one. so unfortunately, i don't have any information on that, but if you find someone that knows let me know!

5. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Apparently Power Support has a very good screen protector, better than most others for 2 reasons: first it sticks by static cling, second it is invisible once applied.

I've had one of these static clings in the past, and they were amazing, could see through them as if they weren't there.

Go to ilounge.com to see some good reviews of the screen protectors. Power support is at the top of the list, there is another one that recently beat them because it comes with full body protection as well as a crystal face protector.

6. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

I ordered the privacy filter screen protector on ebay (quite a few of them out there). Shipped from Hong Kong and looks great. Also have the full body shield from Invisible Shield and carry it bare, with no cases.

7. bobbyboulders macrumors regular

bobbyboulders

hey guys, wanted to buy the Invisible Shield full body cover. Wanted to know if there are too many 'glare problems' with it? or does it stay true to its name and look 'invisible'....

Also, i had a cover that seemed to dim to brightness a bit. Does this occur with the Invisible Shield?

8. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I have the Invisible Shield and haven't noticed any "dimming" problems with it. It does give the screen kind of a textured "watery" look to it. I really only notice it when looking at it at an angle though. I like it. It seems to hold up pretty well. It's not too bad as far as glare goes. The anti-glare film from the Apple website seems to be popular. I can't say for sure on this one though as I've never had it myself. Good luck in finding what it is you are looking for!

9. bobbyboulders macrumors regular

bobbyboulders

thanks for the response allison. i think im going to go ahead to get the invisible shield then.

10. Eleonardo macrumors newbie

There are some videos on youtube reviewing the invisible shield (they also have stress test videos). I haven't looked at them myself yet, but am going to now as I am also interested in this product.

Edit: Well from the vids I'm seeing, I'm real impressed, I didn't think there was any material out there that was that durable for such an affordable price. And with a lifetime garuntee of no scratches...you can't really go wrong it seems.

Edit2: From another thread...apparently there's a 50% off promo running right now if you follow this link http://www.zagg.com/showspecial

11. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

The Answer to Everyone's Screen Protection Issues

Get an Artwizz SeeJacket Crystal!!!!! Screen protection and looks awesome, sleek, addition to, not subtraction from looks. Seriously. It's that cool. Go to ILounge.com for review, it's accurate!!!