Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector?

• No, don't need one

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • No, but getting one

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, not neccesary though

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Yes, don't go without

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
So I am heading to the store tomorrow to pick up a IPhone 3g for myself, and had a small question for you all.

Do you recommend a screen protector? I'm not worried about scratches, I'm extremely careful with my stuff, but I'm more worried about annoying fingerprints. A vote on the poll would be great, or even a small comment/suggestion.

Thank you all

Jordan

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
If it's fingerprints that worry you, people generally seem to like the antiglare protectors that are sold at the Apple store. The complaint about them is that they slightly degrade the screen image.

I am not bothered by the fingerprints. I use the crystal protectors from the Apple store and am very pleased with them. They are nearly impossible to detect and they feel just like the naked screen. I began to use them after a tiny scratch showed up on the face of the screen.

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
power support anti-glare protectors from the apple store are the ONLY way to go. They keep fingerprints away :)

Also, when you get the new phone, you should put the screen protector on the SECOND you pull the factory plastic off of it. That way no dust or anything will get on the screen and your protector will be flawless. :)

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
+1 for the power support screen protector. I have it and its very durable and you can't tell its on. It comes with a sticky sheet that pulls any dust of the bare iphone screen just before you apply the protector--so no worries about dust.

DanielJvdBerg

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2008
The Netherlands.
I went with the BestSkinEver because we do not have official Apple stores here in the Netherlands to buy such a crystal film. However the BestSkinEver is a very good protector, and I haven't had any scratches because of it.

I had the InvisibleShield before, but it was horrible. Not because it still scratched, but it fits horrible. The BestSkinEver does a better job in that, although the backside is still a pain in the butt, but still a nice protector which you will barely notice.

Nice for keeping fingerprints away, too!

macplace10

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
iPhone Screen Protector

I did not use a screen protector on my phone but the fingerprints on the screen started to annoy me.
I've recently purchased the Power Support Crystal Film from the Apple:apple: store along with the Incase Protective Cover and they are superb additions to a superb phone.

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
I haven't had any scratches and I wouldn't say I give mine the highest amount of care, so I'm not too sure what all the fuss is about really.

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Ok, heres the deal

Nearest apple store=4.5 hours away, so I had to order online, and it won't be here till the 22nd at latest. So I'm going to patiently wait and get my Iphone then... lol

I got the Anti-Glare film set. I watched a few youtube videos and it didn't seem hard to apply. Anyone have any general tips for when i go to do it? Thanks all so much

Jordan

Nomadski

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2008
I bought a Wave Case (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/wave3g) with my iPhone and while it comes with a protective screen i found after a bit of use it showed fingerprinting and also had a few air bubbles showing up after being once removed.

So while i keep the excellent case i threw away the screen and bought an anti glare protective screen protector and the two combined have been amazing.

No scratches, no fingerprints and the protector gives a nice feel to the touch, and the whole kaboodle barely makes the phone any bigger than it is naked. Perfect.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
Do yourself a favor, and get a screen protector.

Better yet, get the power support Anti-glare screen protector. You'll NEVER see fingerprints or smudge marks again.... no more cleaning the screen EVER, and it looks great. It's clear, regardless of what anyone says, and I often forget it's even on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.