iPhone screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DanBurns91, Feb 9, 2012.

1. DanBurns91 macrumors regular

Hi,

Just a quick thread to find out what screen protectors people are using. I used to use £2 sets found on eBay for quick a while on my iPhone 4; as they got replaced very often due to dirt around the edges of the protector and my white iPhone. However, since I've upgraded to a black 4s I've been using the ZAGG invisible shield, which i must say i'm very pleased with, the protection is fantastic and application is fairly simple, the only issue i can think of it feels rather rubbery on the screen and back, however, its a price to pay in comparison to the protection.

What are you guys using? If using any at all.

Thanks!

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

power support is the best on the market and worth the money

3. speed4tu macrumors member

Agreed!

4. DashSatan macrumors 6502

I used to be a power support fanatic but I don't like how the new crystal clear ones have a cut out for the sensor, it bothers me. So I've switched over to SGP. Still swear by PS though if you don't mind the sensor cut out.

5. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

HERE is the best film cover, watch the vids.
    Crystal clear and very shiny, (not matt or rubbery)

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Refer to the countless existing threads on screen protectors. No need to reinvent the wheel for each new user too lazy to search.

Subjective -- just as with any topic and the words "best" and "worth". Again, read the existing threads and see what sounds like it suits you best.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I purchased some via ebay $2 and they've been pretty good thus far.

8. JMies419 macrumors 6502

9. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

I've had the PS - Crystal Clear screen protectors but the new SGP GLAS.t Glass Screen Protector are hands down THE best I've ever used.

It's just as crystal clear as the PS ones but it's scratch resistance! When I had the PS ones I had a few scratches that annoyed the hell out of me, with the SGP GLAS.t Glass Screen Protector's I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Do yourself a favor and at least try out the new SGP GLAS.t Glass Screen Protectors! :D

10. solo118 macrumors 65816

Its $30, thats a bit extreme no?

11. DanBurns91 thread starter macrumors regular

If you dislike seeing another one of these threads don't click on it and read.

Aren't the power support protectors a dry application? I like the whole ZAGG spray, it really helps align the shield on the phone. I'm hopeless at dry application!

12. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

It is an extreme. With that said, you won't need another one after the purchase. I have tried and actually can't scratch it. I'm sure I could snap it if I took it off the phone as it is glass, but once installed it seems extremely durable. The only downside is the massive thickness. Works great with an Otterbox Commuter or a snap case. Also great with my Mophie but terrible with a Survivor or rugged case as it won't fit.

For "standard" screen protectors Power Support is my favorite for anti glare. Their crystal is pretty good too. Good value for the money. $15 for 2.

Cheap ones on eBay are an option, though I do find for the OCD that they show scratches quicker.

Monoprice has some awesome SP for like 3 bucks. Great price and oddly durable. A little thin, but better than the free ones that come with some of the cases.

13. TjeuV macrumors 6502

I'm using the same by Zagg. Very pleased with it for two years now. Also recommended it so several people who also turned out very pleased with it. It's well worth it's money.

14. tnisatard macrumors 6502

I really don't like zagg, this is just my opinion.

Lint gets caught on the edges of the screen protector, every time I use zagg, it peels off eventually, the feel of the protector is completely different. The only plus side in my opinion is the lifetime warranty.