iPhone Screen Randomly Turns On

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trogdor796, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

So at work, someone let me know of a problem they are having with their iPhone. They either have a 6+ or 6s+, I'm not sure.

Essentially, what they told me is happening is the phone will be locked, and randomly(every few minutes, once an hour, etc.) the lock screen will show up, as if you hit the lock button. They say there is no notification or anything on the screen when this happens, and the screen turns off after a few seconds.

Any idea what could be causing this? I looked at it, couldn't find anything but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Could they be getting an email or something similar, but the notifications for it are turned off, so it's just showing the lock screen? Or could it be a paired Bluetooth device doing this?

Thanks for reading.

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Well .... this is a really long shot ...

It could be a Bluetooth device that it is paired with. I need hearing aids, and have a pair which are controlled and connected via LE Bluetooth to my iPhone. Whenever I come near enough to my phone while wearing my hearing aids, the Bluetooth connects and the lock screen briefly lights up ... sort of like it is saying "hi" ... ;)

3. Trogdor796 thread starter macrumors regular

Trogdor796

Hmmm, I will have to ask this person what Bluetooth devices they use with their phone. I know they have an Apple Watch, but I have an iPhone and an Apple Watch as well, and have never seen this happen. Maybe it's only when a Bluetooth device is connected or disconnected? I don't know why it would happen randomly for them though...

Either way, a very strange issue...

4. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

I think mine does this when I get an e-mail that is automatically sorted by gmail from my normal inbox into a different folder. The iPhone momentarily has a notification of a new e-mail, but then it notices that it is "gone", so the notification disappears immediately.