Iphone Screen Replacement Help! Trust me , It's not your typical issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dandingnaicha, Jun 15, 2015.

1. dandingnaicha macrumors newbie

dandingnaicha

Alright , so I may or may not have replaced my screen of my iphone 6 (Which is still in warranty) With a OEM .

So , erm the phone was working fine until last sunday where it couldn't charge and I sent it in to my local service provider (A.lab, Which it not part of Apple) and they took it in and sent it to apple and ( Yes I Knew this would come but I was hopping they'd close one eye on this &They found the screen to be OEM.

When I went to collect , I asked the Counter lady if she I was still eligible for the buying of refurbished iphone as a replacement for this and she said No and that my iphone warranty has been canceled

Fast-forward to today, I decided to give apple support a call . To my surprise , my warranty is still valid . My Applecare officer told me to try to get a original apple screen before going in again. It's my best gamble.

I Just have 2 qn for all the seniors here :
    1)Lets say i buy a defective original IPhone screen and stick it up my phone and send it in , would there be a serial number on the screen for them to trace
    2) If its the motherboard issue , Would it still be worth to change it if option 1 fails?

I'm Not sure If apple has a record of me changing the screen already tho as A.Lab Sent my phone to them.

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

You very likely are SOL regardless as Apple will consider you phone OOW as it's been worked on by a non certified technician with non Apple parts. They will blame any other issues on you. I'm surprised that AppleCare told you any different TBH.

3. dandingnaicha thread starter macrumors newbie

dandingnaicha

But I checked with "https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do" & It's still under warranty .
    I'm rather surprised too. But since my warranty is still in place should i play along ? And get the screen replaced to an original one?

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

They don't necessarily automatically void it based on your serial, but when you take it to an authorized service provider they will decline service after opening it.
    They also won't replace the OEM screen with one of theirs.
    Your best bet may be to put your original screen back on, then send it in.

5. dandingnaicha thread starter macrumors newbie

dandingnaicha

Thanks for your advice . But I don't have my original . lets say I acquire a faulty screen that is an original from another phone , would that work?