iPhone screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blaake, Jan 17, 2013.

1. blaake macrumors regular

Hello, i have fixed somewhere around 100 iphones and have replaced, and restored just about every piece to an iphone.

Just recently, the past 2 iphones i have fixed the screens on have had problems.

After the install, the LCD seems to be sensitive to touch just like a computer monitor or screen reacts if you touch on it.

i have no idea what is causing this as i have disassembled the phone and re assembled it multiple times.

I need some advice. i have never had this problem before. i know its possible that the screens can be defective but i didnt think that was the case because it has happened twice in a row now.

Please help!

2. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Did you use the same supplier for both of the new screens?

3. iPhone Bits macrumors newbie

The problem is the screens are defective, best to return any from the batch you have as they will most likely all be the same, i think its to do with the glass being slightly to thick which puts pressure on the rear of the lcd panel, the ones i had i noticed the home button also felt slightly sunken

4. blaake thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what i was assuming. Thanks!