iPhone screen replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple111115, Jul 16, 2016.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

Hello,
    So, I am having some screen issues and brought my phone into the apple store. They offered to replace the screen, not the phone itself. I held off, because I wasn't sure if this was the best option. Years ago when I had a phone replaced, I would have just been given a new device. Is this something new they are doing? Is a screen replacement just as good as a phone replacement? Or are there usually issues associated with replacing a screen I should know about?

Thanks!

2. itsray macrumors 6502

they've been doing this since the iPhone 5. if they can repair it they will do that first. if they can't and its under warranty they will replace the entire device. sometimes unless they are really overbooked by hours they might just replace the device instead depending on what management says.

source: me. i was a tech at the genius bar.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Apple's policy on repairing phones has changed. They actually repair them now. They are less likely to give you a replacement phone now. What they are doing is normal.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes they will actually repair by putting in a new screen. Apple will use their genuine parts for their products and the screens are brand new. Definitely worth doing. It also saves you the trouble of restoring from back up.