Iphone screen shows apple logo then turns black

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acechapo25, May 16, 2017.

1. acechapo25 macrumors newbie

acechapo25

So my iphone screen shows the apple logo then turns off...

My phone has been jailbroken for 4 months now with no problem until this...

I figured i'll have to restore my iPhone?

Luckily my latest iCloud back up was yesterday before the whole disaster so I hopefully won't have to lose all my data?

I've attached a screenshot of my iTunes showing the specifics.

Any help is much appreciated.

THANK YOU in advance!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You got to get your phone back up and running to be able to restore it.

Have you tried DFU mode yet?

There are also some who think post you phone's serial is not good plus I know I would never publish my phone number for sure.

3. acechapo25, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

thanks for the quick reply. I tried getting into DFU mode, however the apple logo just stays in the middle of the screen until i have to manually restart/turn it off again
    --- Post Merged, May 16, 2017 ---
    Would it be possible to install the firmware 10.2 onto the iPhone and then restore the data (everything i had from the iCloud back up) from my iTunes?

and Thanks didn't realise the serial num bet was there haha

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Typical "jail broken phone " syndrome. If you want the more customisable settings you get with jailbreak ,the iOS devices might be wrong for you. What you get with a jailbreak,is at least to some degree included in android devices. And about your phone,I guess it might even be beyond help.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Not at all. I've been jailbreaking since the original 74-step jailbreak and never had problems like that.

6. acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

Well I got it sorted out by going into DFU mode.... thanks Newtons Apple <3

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I am glad you got it worked out.

Enjoy!

8. acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

ok so i restored it on iTunes after going into DFU... and its STILL STUCK ON THE APPLE LOGO... Do i have other options?
    ok so i restored it on iTunes after going into DFU... and its STILL STUCK ON THE APPLE LOGO... Do i have other options?

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you restore it via DFU mode, and it reboots and then gets stuck then it's a hardware issue.

Take it to Apple at this point.

10. acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

Sorry i never actually installed the firmware... i try and get a message saying 'tatsu declined to authorize this image on this device for this user'.

I googled and found i have to authroize my computer so i went to "choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer" and it was already authorised.

... i tried installing the firmware again and got the same message? :/
    I get a Tatsu messaging which i think means to authorise my computer which it already is :/

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I am afraid the JB is getting in the way now.

12. acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

so is there anything i can do?

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Are you perhaps trying to install a version of firmware that is no longer being signed by Apple?

14. acechapo25, May 16, 2017

acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

Most likely.. i googled 'iPhone 6 10.2.1 firmware download' and got a file from one of the links..

ok i checked here: https://ipsw.me/10.2.1 and it says its not signed by apple.. does that mean i can't install 10.2.1 at all?

If so, what can i install?

Thanks for the help! x

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Obviously iOS 10.2.1 is not signed any more, you will never be able to install it.
    Put it in dfu mode and let itunes restore it.
    You dont need to download the .ipsw separately.

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Ah. I get you now.

Turn off the phone and plug it into your computer. Open iTunes. Put the phone in DFU mode. When iTunes detects a phone in recovery mode, allow iTunes to upgrade and restore as new.

iTunes will pull the correct IPSW for your device. Generally, these are somewhere around 2GB downloads so allow for a little bit of time. iOS 10.3.2 was released today so that's what iTunes will download.

Once that's all done, assuming there are no hardware issues and your device boots to the welcome screen - then restore from your backup afterwards.

17. Applejuiced, May 16, 2017

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Typical nothing.
    I been customizing my JB iphones since 2007.
    The attitude you're presenting that if you like to customize or jailbreak go to android is very poor. If you know what you're doing and do the proper research and educate yourself you will not have any issues with your JB iOS device.
    The problem is most dont do any of that and just go and install everything they come across cydia.
    And no his device is not beyond help, a JB is software based and doesnt physically harm the hardware or put the device in an unrepairable state. All one has to do if they're having JB issues is plug it to itunes and restore it to stock iOS. Either via regural restore, DFU or by entering Recovery mode.
    Sounds like you are the typical user that knows nothing about jailbreaking but falsely assumes that someone who JB their device killed it and is beyond help.

18. acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

Thing is i've already done this...

I get a message saying 'youre iPhone can't be updated; you must restore it to factory settings'..... i hit restore... press restore and update and then wait for a while as it says 'Extracting software' and then i get that 'tatsu declined to authorize this image on this device for this user' message

Thats where my problem was before

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'll just say that hardware issues or voluntary surrender of my jailbreak have been the only reasons for my ever losing a jailbreak.

In the beginning, I was able to experiment on iOS 5/6 with a 3GS and DID lose my jailbreak to my own stupidity. However, that was not my primary device at the time and was intended to be a learning experience (which it was). It's how I learned to protect my jailbreak.

PS: @Applejuiced AJ, this thread first appeared in the main iPhone forum before it was moved in here. Just mentioning that because you'll notice a few early responses from people who aren't usually in here. :)
    Have you updated iTunes? Are you using a computer running a version of OS that is capable of running the latest version of iTunes?

I ask because I have an MBP at home only capable of running Snow Leopard max. Tried to update an iPhone 4s once but because I could not update iTunes to the latest it kept telling me that 9.3.1 was the latest firmware for my iPhone and kept failing. When I used a PC that was capable of running the latest version of iTunes at that time it properly downloaded and installed 9.3.5 with no issues.

So, that's what I'd check next.

20. Applejuiced, May 16, 2017

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Update your itunes version and put your device in dfu mode and let itunes restore it.
    Let itunes handle the download that your phone needs and restore it, delete that ipsw you downloaded and do not use that one.
    If it still will not restore then bring it to Apple but it sounds like user error to me rather than a hardware fault.

21. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

This. Get a fresh download directly from the latest updated version of iTunes and see if the Restore goes through.

22. acechapo25 thread starter macrumors newbie

acechapo25

'The device cannot be restored the device cannot be found'
    Hey just wanted to say I followed everything you wrote and it worked! Thanks a bunch as i was stressing for ages lmao

Love the community here <3

23. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Good to hear!

Glad it's back working for you again!

24. perwarg13 macrumors newbie

perwarg13

Glad you have your phone working again. Congrats!

25. tomjheller macrumors newbie

What exactly did you do? Did you lose JB? I'm in the same boat and don't want to lose my JB :/