IPhone screen uneven?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshGlzBrk, Oct 4, 2009.

1. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

So I got my iPhones screen replaced in august it's a 3gs, and before the replacement my home button seemed flush with the screen, but ever since that day they replaced it, when touching the home button and rubbing your finger to the sides you can tell it's very recesses and is kind of sharp. The top of the screen near the sensors are recessed and you can feel that it's sharp rubbing your finger over the chrome lining, but down by the dock connected the screen is higher than the chrome bezel which explains the home button. Is there anyway I can fix this by myself, maybe following the guides on ifixit like I was going to replace it but just try to even it out?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I had mine replaced for a wobble/uneven screen/minor casing crack. :)

3. FightingMangino macrumors newbie

I've also had that problem. I used to have an iPhone Classic before I switched to the 3GS, and noticed that I had uneven edges. It didn't bother me too much before I noticed small cracks appearing on the outer shell, that's when I gave it in. I got a new one immediately, but noticed that that one had uneven edges as well. I checked out the rest of the iPhone 3GS's at the Apple Store and noticed that only 1 of the 4 I checked had even and flush edges. The rest were slightly uneven.

I never noticed this problem with my 2G iphone or any of my friends'. I noticed it on mine and other 3GS's.

My advice, don't worry too much about it. In fact, that's one of the excuses I used to bring back my 2-month old 3GS (other than the cracks). I'm keeping the uneven edged replacement just in case something goes wrong with that as well. Think of it as an insurance for certain replacement. ;)