iPhone screen unresponsive at times

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by krashx7, Dec 27, 2014.

1. krashx7 macrumors regular

Sometimes I will be typing a message and the screen will stop responding completely until I push the home button, go back to the home screen, and then reopen messages. Happens all the time actually. Is this common issue with ios 8? Using an iphone 6 by the way.

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Did you ever switch completely off the iPhone, from time to time?

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My screen is often unresponsive, and I have seen lots of posts about it. However, my issue lasts for a matter of seconds and I don't have to quit the app or anything.

5. iOSBry macrumors 6502

I experienced something similar on two iPhone 5S's, one of which is less than two weeks old - the issue however, no longer occurs in iOS 8.2 beta 3.

iOSBry

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Never happened on both my former iPhone 5S and the current iPhone 6, thus my question: do you ever switch completely off your iPhone from time to time?

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Like this out of the box and yes, I reboot from time to time. Some guys say that the 8.1.3 beta cures the unresponsive screen on the 6+. We will see...

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'd like to see a video about that. I've never seen an unresponsive iPhone

9. Bahroo macrumors 68000

what are you talking about "cures"? if your iPhone has a unresponsive screen at times, its your device specifically that is most likely defective as my 6 plus never exudes that behavior and is always instanteously responsive and never not responds to my touch

----------

he is just talking out his rear, he keeps going on in every thread how his defective iphone 6 has a unresponsive touchscreen sometimes and how all iPhones suffer this issue in his eyes, even though it hasnt happened even 1 time at all from the 6 i owned at launch for 2 months(and now on the 6 plus for about 2 months and have not experienced this issue once on the 6 or 6 plus)

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I have seen several fellow 6+ owners comment on the intermittent unresponsive touchscreen, and a few 4.7" owners too. Not to mention a lesser amount of 5S owners. This isn't one of those rare issues that few have encountered before, and where you think to yourself that a clean install will cure it. It is fairly widespread both here and on the Apple forums FYI.
    It's too much of a coincidence, and never before have I seen this issue prior to iOS8/iPhone 6.

11. canadadude macrumors member

Iphone 6 reboots and goes to red screen?

image.jpg . Why is it doing this?Is it happening to anyone else?

12. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Definitely not normal.

13. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

When I reboot the phone that seems to take care of the problem for a while but it always comes back.

I'll be getting a replacement anyway for a line of dead pixels all the way across my screen. Maybe that is the problem.

Anyway thank you for the replies.

14. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Oh since your phone does not have the problem then it doesn't exist. Gotcha.

The macrumors home page just freezed up my phone. That's why I came to post. Happens daily mainly on safari and for no real reason. Eventually the page reloads with a dialog stating an error with the page occurred. Home and power buttons don't work until the phone unfreezes. Then everything I pressed happens quickly in sequence.

iPhone 6+ using a backup image from an iPhone 6 two week old fresh install. Problems started at 8.1, I think. Reluctant to clean install given from what I read it may not resolve the problem.

The screen also froze in the passport app and I had to wait to board a flight while I force rebooted the phone. So I guess it's not limited to Safari but it mainly happens for me when browsing.

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Try the following:

1. turn iMessages off and then back on.
    2. Sign out of iCloud and back in.

Something is happening in the background that is causing the unresponsiveness.

16. Bahroo macrumors 68000

macrumors never ever crashes or freezes on my 6 plus, Safari is really stable for the most part, but one website that i visit, it makes the phone crash to springboard some how... but it is literally only this one website i visit sometimes, never happens on any other website, its weird.

And no i didnt say that since i dont have issues no one does, thats just obviously absurd, im just saying, in Sunkings overexaggerative posts, makes it seem like everyone is experiencing this issue when that is clearly not the case

17. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I didn't even read his or her post. My bad! And yeah some days I have zero issues and other times I'm force quitting or rebooting several times a day. I've never had issues like these with my non jail broken devices. It's really disappointing.

18. I7guy macrumors G5

Sometimes an app hangs up, it's happened to me a few times, in a year+, on my 5s. Never seen this on a 6 or 6+. With 100 million 5s, 6, 6+ out there I'm sure software and hardware glitches occur for some people and these glitches get reported as if all 100 million people suffer from the same glitch. But it's not the norm.

19. kissfan macrumors regular

kissfan

I have that issue, with Messages. I tend to believe it's because I use Swype. Not Swype itself, but the Apple 3rd party keyboard code that allows it to work. I have to kill the Messages app and reload it and the keyboard will work again.