iPhone Screen Unresponsive At Times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Jun 29, 2016.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I had my iPhone screen replaced by Apple about a month ago. For the past few weeks I've had an issue where I will open an app and I cannot do anything. Essentially my touch is rendered useless when I attempt to tap anything. This freezing state subsides after about 10 - 20 seconds. However it happens usually once a day (sometimes more) and can be really frustrating as you can imagine.

I have restored my iPhone from a backup twice and restored from new twice since this issue arose. The issue has remained.

Any ideas? I'm going to Apple on Friday to have them take a look but I'd love some feedback. Thanks.

2. evamoree macrumors member

evamoree

This is a hard one. I would normally suggest that the screen was installed slightly wrong, but then I doubt it would work at all and this is Apple we're talking about, plus the fact that you say it only happens when apps are opened. Maybe its [extreme] processor lag. I reckon they will just give you a replacement if it is still under warrantyy/has AppleCare+ though.

3. blairh, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016

blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Expired warranty.

Update: They replaced it! First they wanted to just replace my screen again and then they were really cool about it and said we'll give you a replacement iPhone! Apple customer service is really amazing!