iPhone screen won't turn off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HoosierInFL, Jul 12, 2008.

1. HoosierInFL macrumors regular

Just got the iPhone 3G. It's my first iPhone.

The screen stays on forever unless I have Auto Lock turned on. Is there a way to have the screen turn off automatically without using Auto Lock?

Also, MobileMe Push still isn't working. Added a contact to Address Book 20 minutes ago and it's not showing up online or on my phone.

Thanks.

2. Doc69 macrumors 6502

I wish the iPhone could turn off the screen without locking

This is the single most annoying thing about the iPhone. Afaik there's no way around it. Why can't we have the screen turn off without locking it? It is especially annoying when using apps where you have to log in to an account, like E*Trade Mobile Pro. When using that app, you either have to have the screen on all the time, which drains the battery quickly, or you will get logged out of E*Trade every time the iPhone locks.

If you feel the same, send your feedback to Apple http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I sincerely hope the iPad won't work the same way. I want my iPhone and future iPad to be ON and ready to go with a touch of the screen, without having to unlock etc.

Does anyone have any info how this will work on the iPad?