Iphone Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.PS, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

Does it scratch easily from keys and other junk you carry in your pocket? Is it worth getting a screen protector or is the screen hard to scratch (like you have to make an effort to be careless enough to cause damage to it).

2. mingenyx macrumors regular

ive taken razors and my butterfly knife [which is really sharp] trying to scratch my screan it doesnt do anything to it if it helps. the screen wont stracth but the silver border around it will

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I would get a screen protector just to make sure, but i recently took a 20p to my iphone screen with the protector and the plastic film has very slight scratches.

4. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I wouldn't go around trying to scratch the screen, but from what I've seen it is very scratch resistant. I'd still suggest being very careful with it and also getting some sort of protective case if you're prone to dropping things.

5. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

You took a razor to your screen? Why?

What would have happened if it WOULD have scratched it? Then you just...would have had a very scratched screen. But at least then you'd know after all that a razor will scratch it....Crazy....But good to know that it's that tough, afterall.

6. Aries326 macrumors 6502

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

If you go by a video on youtube where they put an iPhone in a bag with keys and shook the bag, well the screen should be pretty scratch proof.

If we go by real life experiences, the screen can and has been scratched. There are numerous reports on the Apple forums and other forums where people pulled the phone out of their pocket to discover a scratch.

Just be careful with it and put it in your pocket with nothing else in there and you should be OK. Mine is six months old and always stays in it's own pocket everyday. No scratches on mine.

8. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I have a small scratch on the screen, I am very careful as well. It was usually in my front pocket with no keys etc but must have scratched elsewhere :mad:.

If you don't like the idea of a case, use a screen protector to be sure.

If your going to cover it with a case and like to keep the slick look, have a look at the Orbino Strada Case. I don't like cases but the iPhone is so slippery I had to get a case for it.