iPhone screwing with Internet????

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BenjaminScot, Aug 9, 2010.

1. BenjaminScot macrumors newbie

So I upgraded to the new OS on my iPhone 3G about a month ago.

Ever since then I have been having lots of issues with my home network. The internet does not like me anymore. I have even gotten pop up messages (which I have never seen before) that say 'another device is using the IP address'

I assumed it meant the iPhone, and turned off the WiFi.... that seemed to help

Just got a iPhone 4.... and even if I turn off the WiFi... I still have lots of Internet problems...nothing loads. Tried all the time proven tricks (resetting routers/cable boxes/etc.) and it hasn't helped.

Is this happening to anyone else?? or am I crazy? Is it just that my next door neighbor is stealing all my stuff? haha

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might be a problem/conflict with that particular router.
    Try updating the software on it if you can to see if it fixes it.
    If not get a new one :)

3. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

I'm not sure the phone is that great about checking with the DHCP server to see if it needs to update its IP address when it reconnects to the network to check mail, cruise the web, whatever. Because of that, the router may be reassigning the DHCP address to another computer that recently needed to renew its lease.

I fixed the issue by putting my desktops on static internal IPs and just letting the phone/other wireless devices handle themselves. Kind of a pain, but there it is.