Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
iOS 9.3.2 on a 6S and have an SD Card Reader that I just bought (like say, an hour ago). Get home, take SDXC card from my Canon Rebel T5i, plug it in, see "Import" icon for like, 2 seconds, then poof, it's gone.

Have restarted multiple times, won't work. SD card reads on every other device (Desktop, laptop w/USB Adapter).

Per store.apple.com the adapter works for iPhone. Don't have an iPad to try there, so wtf is going on? Anyone know how to fix?

Edit -- after force quitting Photos app I can relaunch and get "Import" to show up again but it disappears after. Could it be sheer # of photos that's crashing it? There's a few hundred.

Last edited:

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
I would back the photos up on your computer, then I would format the SD card and then put the photos back on and try again.

Reactions: Mattstkc

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
I would back the photos up on your computer, then I would format the SD card and then put the photos back on and try again.
I tried what you suggested with no success. I'm going to replicate the problem in store with a "Genius" or someone when I get the chance. Maybe try a different connector to see if the one I bought was defective. Thanks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.