Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Del Rei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Brazil
Hey guys.

I bought an SD Card Reader to be able to view and transfer some files to iPhone.

But I have two problems / doubts and I need some help.

1 - Is it possible to share (Whatsapp, social medias, YouTube) a file directly from the card, without having to import to iPhone first? This is important because sometimes the iPhone may be full and not have space to receive the file from the card. I tried and didn’t find a way to share directly.

2 - How to view video files before transferring to iPhone? Curiously, I was only able to see the thumbnail of the video, it did not run. This is kind of boring.

3 - How to transfer files from the card to iPhone?

Without these features this SD Card Reader is simply an importer of files. Not as useful as it seems

Last edited:

Zaned303

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Centennial CO
Ive had similar issues over the years with my camera SD cards and iPads or iPhones importing videos or pictures. I finally just got the right camera that can send the files to the iPhone or iPad wirelessly and using the Sony app vs the SD card reader as I had allot of issues

Del Rei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Brazil
Ive had similar issues over the years with my camera SD cards and iPads or iPhones importing videos or pictures. I finally just got the right camera that can send the files to the iPhone or iPad wirelessly and using the Sony app vs the SD card reader as I had allot of issues
Hey, thanks for the comment.
Actually I have no problems for the SD to iPhone transfer. I can transfer the files. But I would like to share (social media, Whatsapp, YouTube) directly from the card, without importing to iPhone first. Sometimes I have no space in iPhone and need to share the videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.