iPhone SDK 4.0 Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by HarryWorksInc, Apr 18, 2010.

1. HarryWorksInc macrumors regular

I have downloaded the iPhone SDK 4.0 and wanted to submit an iPhone application but iTunes connect rejects the binary stating that it was compiled on a Pre-Release version of the SDK. Is there any way to get around this or do i have to uninstall the 4.0 SDK to be able to submit new iPhone apps?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Build using a different SDK: just select the correct SDK in XCode. I think you are confusing the SDK with the entire downloaded package which includes multiple SDKs.

3. HarryWorksInc thread starter macrumors regular

well, I selected Device - 3.2 | Distribute | armv6 the same alert i posted before came up, and i also tried Device - 3.1.3 | Distribute | armv6 and it didn't work. I should state that this app is an iPhone Application.

4. firewood macrumors 604

According to the documentation, you can't submit apps built with the 4.0 BETA Xcode tools, even if you select the 3.1.x SDK within that tool install.

You need to download both sets of SDK/Xcode dmg's, and install them in separate directories (not sure in which order). Use only the release (3.1.3, and now 3.2.x) tools when building for submission.

5. HarryWorksInc thread starter macrumors regular

6. HarryWorksInc thread starter macrumors regular

One more problem, when installing the SDK you can only choose the disk to install it on not the folder.

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

No, you can pick folder. It defaults to /Developer. Just change it to something else. I've been doing that since they started distributing betas. I keep the latest GM one in /Developer and the latest beta in /Developer-Beta.

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Please read the Custom Install Location instructions in the Xcode readme.

9. xStep macrumors 68000

I believe your NDA says you can't publicly talk about iPhone 4.0. Apple does have site for such things. Sorry, I don't recall what it is as I just saw it posted somewhere by an Apple employee.

10. firewood macrumors 604

What I do before installing any Beta Xcode or SDK is to copy /Developer to /DeveloperRelease, then install the beta in the default location. I can then do most of my new app development with the newest tools, but if I finish an app before these beta tools hit final release, then I do a test build and distribution build of my app using only the DeveloperRelease directory before submission.